Oʻahu RC&D Seeks Full-time Executive Director
Oʻahu RC&D has an immediate opening for a full-time Executive Director to provide strategic leadership for Oʻahu RC&D’s active project portfolio supporting local sustainable agriculture. The Executive Director is supported by the Board of Directors and Oahu RC&D staff including two Project Coordinators, an Office Administrator and a Bookkeeper (contracted). The ideal candidate is a motivated, self-starter and familiar with issues and opportunities facing Hawaiʻi’s agriculture and / or natural resource sectors.
- Strategic Visioning – Design, plan, implement, monitor, evaluate, and adapt a program plan and approach for Oʻahu RC&D’s work and projects.
- Grant-writing and administration – Secure public and private funding for Oʻahu RC&D’s overall priorities and for the annual program and project budgets, working within the necessary parameters to complete all deliverables.
- Financial Management – Plan and manage an annual budget that ensures appropriate spending limits and adequate cash flow.
- Partner Engagement – Represent the program internally and externally, building rapport with donors, partners and other interested parties.
- Team Supervision – Provide leadership for a team comprise of staff, contractors, interns, and volunteers. This includes evaluation and management of staff performance against project and programmatic goals and objectives and Oʻahu RC&D’s core values, interpersonal relations, and team building.
- At least three years of experience in Hawaiʻi’s agriculture or natural resource fields.
- Fundraising experience, including successful grant writing, donor solicitation, fee-for-service contracts, or other strategies.
- Organizational management and desire to foster a culture of collaboration and positivity.
- Experience designing, implementing and evaluating programs that address community needs.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills to effectively prioritize and execute a large number of activities at once. • Ability to speak effectively before groups of constituents and partners of the organization.
Annual salary range for this position is $65,000 – $80,000. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, medical and dental benefits, 401k match (5%), and a flexible working schedule.
Submit application packet as a single pdf to email@example.com. Complete application packet includes a cover letter detailing how your experience would allow you to advance Oʻahu RC&D’s mission; your resume or curriculum vitae; and three professional references. Applicant evaluations will begin September 23, 2019, and position will remain open until a qualified candidate is found.
More information about Oahu RC&D’s diverse project portfolio is available at www.oahurcd.org.