O‘ahu RC&D hosts on-farm and virtual events for new and existing farmers interested in producing cacao. Topics include learning best management practices for cacao orchard establishment, pest management and pro tips from experienced cacao operations in Hawaii.
- Cacao Quality & Post-Harvest Processing – WebinarA conversation offering key lessons learned for the post-harvest processing of premium quality cacao in Hawaiʻi, at diverse sites and scales, from award-winning cacao growers
- How to Grow Cacao from Seed – VideoThis video provides key steps in starting cacao seedlings in Hawaii.
- Cacao Orchard Establishment – Resource GuideThis resource guide contains useful information for new and prospective cacao growers in Hawai’i.
- How to Establish a Cacao Orchard – VideoThis video provides key steps in planning, implementing, and maintaining a cacao orchard in Hawaii.
- Getting Started with Cacao – WebinarA “How To” and conversation with award-winning growers sharing some of their key lessons learned, as well as the trials, tribulations and pro tips for establishing cacao in diverse growing regions, from Hawaiʻi island to Kauaʻi.