Regenerative Agriculture Workshop Series
This four-part workshop series will feature the leadership of female farmers from a diverse spectrum of operations across the islands. Although these workshops are intentionally designed to provide an inspirational and inviting space for wahine in agriculture, these workshops are open to all local producers and agriculture enthusiasts
Please view the webinars and recordings from our on-farm and virtual Summer Soil Health Workshop series. Attend and/or watch all four workshop recordings and qualify to win prizes from our raffle. Visit our social media and workshop event page to learn more about the speakers and learning objectives for these workshops. Workshop recordings are located in the “Past Webinars’ section below and labeled “Summer Soil Health Series”.
‘Tools for Increasing Efficiency and Profit on Your Farm’- Starting August 2021
This 8-month cohort training program provides technical support and accountability to help farmers increase their operation’s efficiencies and profit. This program is ideal for diversified vegetable farmers who have at least a couple seasons of farming under their belt and want to make more informed decisions about their crop mix and pricing and want to explore opportunities for increasing efficiency and reducing costs on their farm.
The program will feature the “Know Your Cost to Grow” curriculum developed by Oregon Tilth and the Center for Small Farms and Community Food Systems at Oregon State University Through four virtual meetings, two on-farm cohort meetings, and scheduled one-on-one sessions with farm mentors and trainers, participants will be guided through through a step-by-step process for determining their crop specific costs of production and a framework for using cost of production information for business decision-making.
Participating farmers will also receive additional support from farm mentors who will share tips and insights into their own record-keeping systems, how they apply their data to make farm decisions and the methods and tools they use to increase efficiency and reduce costs on their farms. Go Farm Hawaii, Farm Commons and other local experts will also hosts training sessions.
By the end of this training, farmers will have the skills and tools to use crop-specific cost information to evaluate and improve the profitability of their farm business.
Summer Soil Health Series (Watch all 4 Workshops & Register Win!)
- Introduction to regenerative agriculture principles for soil health managementLearn about the Principles to Building Healthy Soil and the Steps to Developing a Soil Health Management System.
- How to monitor, assess and set soil health goals on your farmIn-field soil assessment
- Using cover crops and organic amendments to meet your farm’s soil health goalsIn-field cover crop and organic amendments demonstration
- Integrating Practices and Setting up for a Soil Health PlanThe final workshop in the WFN Summer Soil Health Series looked at resources in Hawai’i for further understanding of soil health and getting assistance setting up a soil health plan.
Direct to Consumer Marketing
- Selling Direct – WebinarTips to Increase Farm Revenue Streams and Transition Your Farm Operations to Produce, Market, Package, and Sell to Directly to Consumers.
- How Are Mobile Markets, Food Banks and Direct to Consumer Distribution Services Evolving – WebinarNew Opportunities for Working Collaboratively with Other Women Producers to Access New Markets and Create Multiple-Revenue Streams.
- Co-Developing Strategies & Programs to Meet Increased Demand – WebinarHow to Plan in Phases for Fluxes in Demand and the Power of Farmer Networks.
- 5 Steps to Build Your Farm’s Legal Resilience During COVID-19 – WebinarBecause running a farm or food business is challenging enough already, this workshop breaks down the 5 most important things you can do right now to build legal resilience in the face of COVID-19.